Category: Admin / General
|Position Type:||Regular, Full-Time|
|City:||Vancouver, BC, Canada|
|Location:||Vancouver Head Office|
Who We Are:
Canfor is one of the world’s largest and most respected integrated forest products companies. For more than 75 years, we have been delivering top-quality lumber, pulp and paper products to our valued customers worldwide. With operations in Western Canada and the Southern United States, and sales offices around the world, you can find Canfor products in every corner of the globe. We are leaders in sustainable forest management and in converting wood residuals into green energy.
As we continue to grow our company and our markets, find out how you can grow your career with us.
The Communications Coordinator is a key member of the Corporate Affairs team providing support on a wide variety of internal and external communications activities, including social media, special events and content creation that tells Canfor’s story to diverse audiences.
• Write, edit and publish engaging, relevant and timely content for a variety of channels including internal and external newsletters, brochures, presentations, speeches, blogs, Canfor’s intranet, website and digital signage and to support execution of company-wide programs.
• Administer Canfor’s Sponsorship and Donations Program in the US and Canada. Manage the planning and execution of internal and external events, and ensure approved timelines and budgets are met.
• Provide communications and project management support for both the company website and intranet (e.g. create, update, review and add content).
• Implement Canfor’s social media strategy; developing regular content, identifying opportunities, monitoring and responding to issues; and tracking statistics.
• Create, book and publish content for online and print advertisements.
• Field requests for information about the company and its activities received via the website or social media.
• A degree in Communications or a related field such as Journalism or Public Relations experience & specialized knowledge.
• Strong communicator with experience in communications in a corporate environment.
• Experience managing and implementing internal and external events.
• Expertise with social media required.
• Knowledge in HTML considered an asset.
• Ability to follow brand guidelines, with a strong eye for detail.
• Fluent written and verbal communications skills in the English language with proven experience in writing for a variety of audiences in a variety of formats.
• Ability to quickly grasp complex technical and business concepts and express them in clear language.
• Demonstrated experience working effectively and collaboratively with colleagues across boundaries (business lines and regions).
• Self-starter who is flexible and open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously within compressed timeframes and high client expectations.
Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today.
In order to be eligible for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada for our company.
There has never been a better time to join the Canfor team and become part of the modern forest industry. We have a wide range of rewarding careers in some of the best communities in North America, with plenty of room for advancement. Our mills are modern, high-tech and safe; and our marketing and sales activities are world-class. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and are committed to the professional development of our employees.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events!
The city of Vancouver is both a natural beauty and a progressive urban centre, a rare place on earth that is idyllic and electric all at once. With one of Canada’s mildest climates, Vancouver is ideally suited for those devoted to outdoor pursuits, health and wellness. Along with its endless supply of fresh air and clean water, Vancouver also boasts countless choices for culturally diverse, world-class cuisine and an inventory of arts and entertainment events. For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/vancouver
Job Segment: Communications, Marketing Communications, Social Media, Developer, Environmental Engineering, Marketing, Technology, Engineering