Category: Admin / General
Financial Planner Solutions Advisor - Quality - Vancouver (or Calgary)-1700008109
This role is part of the Enterprise Wealth Planning Groups team of subject matter experts that provides guidance and support for BMO front line Wealth Professionals.
The Financial Planning Solutions Group, is a business unit within BMO Enterprise Wealth Planning dedicated to providing advisory, planning, and Subject Matter Expertise support to BMO Wealth Professionals.
The Financial Planning Solutions Advisor-Quality is responsible for providing financial plan quality review and feedback coaching for three lines of business front line wealth professionals (PandC, PCD, HPB) as well as for expert plans created by WC, PWAs and FPSA .
Providing subject matter expertise on a broad range of planning strategies including investment and retirement planning, transition planning, estate planning, personal taxation and insurance. Ensuring consistency and quality in the building of financial plans and the use of NaviPlan among planning professionals in the Enterprise to ensure risk mitigation as well as support BMOs client experience brand. Mandate to check/promote/identify gaps and train/coach to sound fundamental financial planning practices are adhered to in wealth plans presented to clients and, identify areas for development through the quality review findings.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY Quality Review Oversight and coaching 70%
• Responsible for review wealth plans prepared by BMO Wealth Professionals for accuracy, effectiveness, and quality in a high volume environment for all front line wealth professionals as well as internal experts (WC/PWA/FPSA). Which includes: • Determining the clients objectives
• Analyzing the clients current situations • Developing appropriate advice, strategies and recommendations and providing alternative scenarios
• Spotting opportunities, anchoring, and coaching on approaching Connecting with Planning specialist (tax, legal, insurance) to confirm/review
• Provide feedback on quality reviews via standardized checklist but with custom comments. Phone conversations may be required to debrief and assist with quality plans, process and coaching. Provide ongoing updates and manage oversight reporting process
• Identify and report common errors and issues to advice on training areas to focus on. May provide training session.
• Support and guide users with questions regarding the application of financial planning principles and concepts as well as input in to Naviplan
• Carry out independent research on advanced wealth planning topics
• Keep abreast of wealth planning developments and help increase the overall wealth planning knowledge level of Financial Planning Solutions Team. Provide Subject matter expertise (20%)
• Provide Wealth Planning subject matter expertise to Wealth Professionals and enterprise initiatives. Maintain awareness of latest legislative and other financial industry changes that may affect Financial Planning
• Assist/contribute to development of tools that encourage adoption of Financial Planning Assist in developing support materials related to financial planning, such as reference guides, FAQs, Weekly Quick Tips and other relevant documentation
• Perform quality review and audit functions Check accuracy and quality of Financial Plans created by users to mitigate risk to the organization (in accordance to process and standards set). Business Processes/Operational effectiveness (10%)
• Assist in the maintenance of the quality review front line handbook for errors, improvements or additions.
• Assist in identifying business requirements for NaviPlan and participate in user-acceptance testing of upgrades to NaviPlan
• Identify limitations and issues with NaviPlan software design based on Planning knowledge (i.e. assumptions errors or calculation errors) and communicate through formal Change Request process Qualifications Knowledge and Skills:
• At least 5 years of financial planning experience gained through client contact or in a technical advisory supportive role to advisors, coupled with investment industry knowledge
• Strong understanding of advanced financial planning concepts and how to model in planning software
• Professional Designation (CFP or PFP) or I.Q.P.F or equivalent • Strong Knowledge of Naivplan Excellent computer skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, etc.)A self-starter who is resulted oriented and gets things done on time and who works effectively and collaboratively in a team environment
• Works well in a team environment, but still able to work autonomously
• Strong communication, presentation, time management, organizational skills, and work ethic
• Bilingual (English/French) and marketing/professional writing experience are an asset At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the center of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank. As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset. To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
To submit your application for this job, please go to: https://bmo.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=1700008109&lang=en_GB
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.