Category: Admin / General
Description: Nak’azdli Whut’en, Takla Lake, Tl’azt’en, Yekooche First Nations, & Prince George Nechako Aboriginal Employment & Training Association
Job Posting: Program Coordinator, Office Technology Program
Location: Fort St. James, BC
The Prince George Nechako Aboriginal Employment & Training Association (PGNAETA) seeks a Program Coordinator to support the development and delivery the Office Technology Program targeting citizens of Nak’azdli Whut’en, Takla Lake, Tl’azt’en, Yekooche First Nations (Fort St. James area).
PGNAETA’s approach to workforce development involves collaborative partnerships with First Nations communities, public post-secondary institutions and industry. Our aim is for Aboriginal citizens to derive maximum benefit from economic opportunities in north-central BC.
You’ll Love us!
PGNAETA offers a competitive salary along with professional development and advancement opportunities. You’ll love working for PGNAETA if you enjoy working as part of a team that is committed to development and advancement of First Nations candidates, solving problems, and helping others learn and grow. In this role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the program, working closely with the instructors and representatives from our partners to ensure that all standards are met and that students are well supported. If you are organized, enthusiastic about promoting culture, and you are a great role model and mentor – this could be your dream job!
We’ll love you if you possess:
• Knowledge of Nak’azdli Whut’en, Takla Lake, Tlazt’en, and and Yekooche First Nations.
• Minimum 3 years relevant experience delivering front line training/education/employment services.
• Education in human services, business administration, labour market programming, or other relevant discipline an asset.
• Excellent communication skills, facilitation skills, adult instruction, conflict resolution, public speaking ability, and active listening.
• Case management skills, ability to maintain confidentiality, and adhere to relevant privacy legislation and procedures.
• Excellent time and organizational management along with the ability to prioritize tasks, flexibility to deal with unexpected issues, and effective decision making.
• Advocacy and Team building skills.
• Digital Skills: knowledge of MS Office systems, web apps, databases, and social media.
• Class 5 Driver’s licence and reliable transportation.
• The successful candidate will be required to submit a satisfactory criminal records check.
Hours of Work: 8:00 to 4:00 Monday to Friday
Tell us about why you would love to work with us, how you are a fit for this position.
Email your resume and cover letter in PDF to: Attn: Aimee Thompson, Team Leader / Project Director email@example.com
Closing date: October 12th, 2017
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those applicants who are screened through for an interview will be contacted.
Company Name: PGNAETA
Contact Person: Aimee Thompson
Address: 198 Kingston St. PG, BC, V2L 1C3
Attachment: Office Tech Coordinator Posting Fort St. James Oct 2017.pdf
End Date: Oct 12, 2017