The Board of Directors of PGNAETA, working under a "Unity Principle" established an "Urban Aboriginal Working Group" (UAWG). The UAWG is a standing committee of PGNAETA and the constitution of PGNAETA has been revised to devolve decision making authority to the UAWG. The committee is comprised of First Nations, Metis and Urban Aboriginal representatives who respond to the diverse labour force needs of the urban and rural community.
The purpose of the UAWG is to:
- Oversee the implementation of the HRSD Urban Component Funding in Prince George.
- Oversee the implementation of the First Nations urban/rural fund in the PG/Nechako region.
- Oversee the implementation of the Urban Aboriginal Homelessness budget in the urban setting of PG.
- Identify the types of services to be provided.
- Set funding priorities for each fiscal period.
- Ensure compliance with the Treasury Board Transfer Payment Policy and Cash Mangement Policy terms and conditions.
- Establish targets for results based measurements and performance measurements.
- Manage the flow of funding.
- Develop marketing and communication tools.
- Conduct yearly strategic planning sessions.